Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Weddings and Wedding Planners

Weddings are such a very happy event for a couple who will finally tie the knot to forever seal their love for each other. Wedding planners, on the other hand, are the ones who get so busy preparing this event in behalf of the couple. Why do they complement?
Wedding planners are not the one of the most sought-after supplier/vendor for weddings way back 10 years ago. For most couples, they are just additional expenses for a wedding. Most of them think that a wedding could pass through the assistance of relatives, family and friends. Hiring a wedding planner during these times would mean you have the luxury to spend additional for unnecessary expenses. Yes, planners are often tagged as unnecessary expenses even during these days. Is it perhaps, people don't really mean how important planners are during these times?


Allow me to share with you my own personal experience and my perception about wedding planners when I was planning my very own wedding. I thought I'm a super bride. I can do every thing without the assistance of anybody. But yes, I did! However, there were consequences to my being brave-enough-to-shoulder-everything drama. I took care of all the major details. My dream reception setup was brought to reality - it was really hard labor setting up a stage on top of a swimming pool while the foundations were set underwater. Most of the suppliers I got became my friends and up until now, my contacts. But hey, the minor details were forgotten - the bible, the rosary, the matches. Simply because everyone is busy during that day. My friends whom I entrusted everything were just as excited as I am and eventually forgot what their tasks were. It did not end there. Because of being busy taking care of everything, I got sick and I am sick on the day of my wedding.

My personal experience proved that having a wedding planner is just as important as having a caterer on your wedding. Why? Even only for the wedding day itself, you will need someone, experienced and reliable to do the things that you will not be able to take care of during your big day! How about your family or friends? Well, they deserve to be happy on your wedding day as well and they are your guests, not your servants for the day =). There is also a misconception that your sponsors (maid of honor, bridesmaids) are your supposed to be coordinators on the wedding day. Well, to tell you, you chose them to be by your side on your wedding day because you want them to cherish that wonderful moment with you and they are there to share your joy. They can be there to help but hey...don't they deserve to sit and enjoy your wedding? Think about it.

Nowadays, wedding planners are everywhere. Almost every couple hire one just to ensure that their wedding will go on smoothly as planned and not a minor detail will be forgotten. Planners are now of importance simply because most couples already realized that hiring one would mean additional cost but it really means you save a lot of work. The budget you set can be managed by your coordinators so that you won't go beyond your set allowance for the event. Reputable suppliers are also recommended to you to lessen the leg work and sourcing out. So think. There are still more that planners can do. Just talk to them and let them know what your requirements are. They will help.

If you are to get married, would you hire one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already make something for your blog I don't know if you like it just add me in your yahoo messenger and I will let you see...

mye said...

hi gengen - thanks for dropping by. what is your yahoo address? you can also send me an email at myedln@yahoo.com